50th Anniversary of St Andrew’s



This Methodist Church of St Andrew’s, was newly built and opened, on the site of four previous churches, on 6th January 1968.  Celebrations throughout 2018. We would love to welcome everyone.  Please see below.

  Sun 7th October at 6.30pm.   50th Anniversary  Circuit Service.  Local civic dignitaries, (Including the Mayor of Worcester) and other Church leaders from the area, will be invited. Also a joint choir with Worcester Cathedral Voluntary Choir attending. Preacher Major Diane Henderson (Salvation Army). Organist Christopher Allsop. Retiring collection divided between St Paul’s Hostel and Maggs Day Centre.

1. Methodists moved from cramped accommodation, in New Street, into slightly larger premises on this site;  a chapel previously used by The Independents, (1795 — 1796).

2. Larger Methodist Church built on this site after demolition  of previous chapel,   (sorry no picture),  (1796 — 1813).


3. Then a larger Methodist Chapel on this site (1813 — 1901)


4. Then a New Methodist Church (St John’s) on this site, (1902  — 1966)

  5.  And finally a new St Andrew’s Methodist Church was opened on 6th January 1968 amidst Great Celebrations.

pump street